We are excited to welcome all in the parish to this year’s Midsummer Fete! Please see more details here.
Please see the Pet Service poster 2019 for more details. All furry and feathered friends and more are welcome!
We are delighted to announce that applications are open for up to four
choral scholarships (SATB) to commence in September. Please see this Choral Advert for additional information.
In her usual modesty, Rev’d Judith has hardly made anything of a very significant anniversary which we this week with a Mass of Thanksgiving followed by lunch in the Community Centre.
Rev’d Judith has been ordained a Deacon for 30 years, and a priest for 25 of them – she was among the very first women to be ordained in the Church of England and she has spent 27 of those years at St Michael’s. She has been an amazing pioneer of women’s ordination and she is still going strong!
Click here to view 2018 Annual Accounts and Report
The Reverend James Hutchings
We are delighted to announce that the Bishop of Southwark, in consultation with the parish representatives and the Patronage Board, has appointed the Rev’d James Hutchings to the post of Team Rector of Barnes in the Deanery of Richmond and Barnes, subject to the usual legal formalities.
Father James is the Team Rector of Littleham-cum-Exmouth with Lympstone, and Rural Dean of Aylesbeare, in the Diocese of Exeter. He has previously served in other parishes in the same diocese. He is very much looking forward to starting at St Mary’s and to getting to know everyone.
James is the youngest of 5 children and was brought up and nurtured as a Christian in a Hampshire village. He graduated from Exeter University (Economics) and worked in London in banking and the voluntary sector. His faith grew as an active member of St Leonard Streatham and St Mary Twickenham and he was ordained in 2006. He is married to Alice and they have 3 children: Ben (24), Ollie (22) and Sarah (19), plus Jessie the dog (15)!
It is anticipated that James and Alice and the family will move to Barnes in early July and that he will be instituted at St Mary’s by the Bishop of Kingston towards the end of July – this is very likely to be Monday 22nd July at 7.30pm so please put the date in your diary.
Please pray for Fr James and his family as they prepare to move to Barnes, and we look forward to welcoming them.
The business case for the Church Hall project is now online and can be viewed here. Please get in touch with any questions or comments.
If so, we need your help playing for the 11.30am Family Service on some Sunday mornings. It’s a good chance to dig out old music and enjoy playing it again as well as a few hymns. Please let the Parish Office know if you, or anyone you know, could help us out.
Tel: 020 8876 5230 or email email@example.com
Parish Calendar 2019 can be viewed to see upcoming services and events.
Booking form available here
Please see the statement about the path through the church yard here.
The Barnes Music Festival, in which St Michael’s church plays a prominent role, is seeking an Assistant to the Artistic Director for the 2019 Festival which runs between the 9th-24th March.
The role is geared towards a gap-year student or recent graduate thinking about a career in music or arts administration. The role will include:
- Liaising with the Artistic Director, Committee and Artists over rehearsal timings during the festival period
- Assembling programmes for concerts
- Managing performance requirements (equipment, staging, music, refreshments etc) for concerts and rehearsals (excluding those at St Michael’s.)
- Attending the following additional events:
◦ Committee meeting // Wednesday 9 January at 6.30pm
◦ Festival Soirée // Thursday 24 January at 7.00pm
◦ Committee meeting // Wednesday 13 February at 6.30pm
◦ Committee meeting // Wednesday 4 March at 6.30pm
Remuneration for this role is £1000.
More information about the festival can be found at www.barnesmusicfestival.com.
Please see the link below for a statement from The Vicar and Wardens of St Michael & All Angels, Barnes
Organisations will no longer be at liberty to contact people on their mailing list with circulars, appeals or general information, without their explicit consent.
Read our Privacy Notice by clicking on the link setting out your rights and our obligations (see SUMMARY below).
Please click here to view the consent form.
If you are already on St Michael’s database:
- you will receive a personal email or letter where no email address is available;
- you will have been asked to confirm whether or not you wish us to continue to hold your details and to use them to send you information;
- if you choose to remain, you will be given access to your personal information and will be able to correct or update it yourself online at any time.
SUMMARY (Privacy Document)
- we understand that it is very important that we protect the privacy of your information and we will store it securely;
- we will only use the data for the church’s administrative needs, including claiming Gift Aid on donations, and to contact you about church activities;
- we will not supply your data to anyone else (unless legally obliged to do so);
- we will not hold the data longer than is needed to enable us to fulfil these purposes.
- You have the right to see the data we hold on you, to correct errors, to have it deleted from our records and to complain to the authorities if you believe it is being misused.
Please click here to read the Church Hall Newsletter