The Barnes Music Festival, in which St Michael’s church plays a prominent role, is seeking an Assistant to the Artistic Director for the 2019 Festival which runs between the 9th-24th March.
The role is geared towards a gap-year student or recent graduate thinking about a career in music or arts administration. The role will include:
- Liaising with the Artistic Director, Committee and Artists over rehearsal timings during the festival period
- Assembling programmes for concerts
- Managing performance requirements (equipment, staging, music, refreshments etc) for concerts and rehearsals (excluding those at St Michael’s.)
- Attending the following additional events:
◦ Committee meeting // Wednesday 9 January at 6.30pm
◦ Festival Soirée // Thursday 24 January at 7.00pm
◦ Committee meeting // Wednesday 13 February at 6.30pm
◦ Committee meeting // Wednesday 4 March at 6.30pm
Remuneration for this role is £1000.
More information about the festival can be found at www.barnesmusicfestival.com.