Promoting a safer church
The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church.
We adhere to the House of Bishops Safeguarding Policy for children, young people and adults.
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
- NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
- Childline: 0800 1111
- Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
- NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
- Samaritans: 116 123
- Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- Action on Elder Abuse: 080 8808 8141
- Emergency – always dial 999 (textphone 1800)
- Non-emergency – dial 101 (textphone 18001 101)
Please contact Camilla Harries, our Safeguarding Officer, or Fr Stephen Stavrou with any safeguarding concerns or questions.
Please click here to read more about A Safe Church on the Diocese of Southwark website.