‘Jesus said “Let the children come to me and do not stop them,
because the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these”.’
1. Children and vulnerable adults belong to the Church; they are a special object of the love of God.
2. Because they are special to us, we are committed to protecting them from possible harm when in our care.
3. We also value those who work with children, young people and vulnerable adults and are committed to supporting them through prayer, training and friendship.
4. Each person who works within the Saint Michael’s church community agrees to abide by the Diocesan guidelines and procedures detailed in the manual ‘A Safe Church’ together with the guidelines established by this church.
External support organisations:
- NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
- Childline: 0800 1111
- Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
- NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
- Samaritans: 116 123
- Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- Action on Elder Abuse: 080 8808 8141
Please contact Fr Stephen Stavrou with any safeguarding concerns or questions: email email@example.com or phone 020 8878 7589
To discuss any matter related to safeguarding please get in touch with our safeguarding officer, Camilla, who is always happy to help.
Saint Michael’s appointed Safeguarding Officer
Please contact Camilla directly with any concerns related to the protection of children or vulnerable adults.
Tel No: +44(0)7980 257328
Please click here to read more about A Safe Church from the Diocese of Southwark.